Thursday, February 7, 2013

COLLEGE SERIES: Korrie Watt



Hometown: Ile Des Chenes

What school do you attend: The University of Winnipeg

What position do you play: Center Field

What year are you in: 3rd yr.

Nickname: Korr

What is your Major/Minor or Field of Study: Major- Kinesiology Minor- French

What is one thing you wish someone had told you before you went off to College: Lock your money away! And don't expect to be treated the same when playing out there as you are treated playing here at home.
 
What are 5 things you appreciate about your school: Small classes, supportive associations (Kin Association), events, diversity, teachers know you by your first name.

Best part of being in College is: You get to make your own decisions, your own mistakes, and your own accomplishments. It's all you.

What are some of your softball dreams and goals: I want my dad to see me medal while on team toba.

What character trait do you value most in your teammates: Supportive. Nothing is worse than someone giving you dirty looks if you make a mistake.

 Favorite Quote: I meant what I said and I said what I meant. Dr. Seuss


If you could spend a day with any one person who would it be and why: My papa. After he passed away, he got inducted into the baseball hall of fame, and I wish I knew more about him before he died. I would ask him all the questions about when he played and I would tell him what Kylie and I have accomplished with softball. I wish I knew more stories.

Other than softball, some of my other hobbies and passions are: Hockey and snowboarding!

Other sports I have played are: Hockey

Most memorable sporting experience: Getting the game winning bunt down in an extra inning tie game, which brought in the run to send us to nationals. The best part, when I ran all the way to third not realizing we already won!

What do you think the best things were after going to college in the states: The best things would be growing up and maturing so fast, even though it's scary. For me, I made amazing friends, which I still talk to and visit every year! Finally, the best feeling is coming home with great experiences and becoming a strong and independent woman all on your own. When you move away you have to realize what is important to you, you get to figure out who you want to be, and you can do the things you want to do that shape you for your future.

No comments:

Post a Comment