Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Athlete Profile: Lorissa Loeppky


Hometown: Winnipeg, Manitoba

What position(s) do you play: Pitcher & 1st Base

Nickname: Roo

What College/University have you committed to attending in 2013: Dakota Wesleyan University (DWU) in Mitchell, South Dakota

What is the softball team’s name/colors:  Tigers – Blue/White

What division and/or conference is your school:  NAIA

What are you wanting to study at school: Sciences/Pre-Med

 
What are some of your softball dreams and goals:
· To make team Toba and play in Canada Summer Games,
· To win Gold at 2013 National in PEI,
· Do well at softball and academics at college (DWU)

What are you most excited about when you think about going to College:
· My new teammates and coaches
· A new adventure – being away from home

What character trait do you value most in your teammates:
· Hard work and dedication
· Having each other’s back , supporting each other

Favorite Quote: I have 2 that I like:
· “Quitters never win and winners never quit” – unknown
· “Play like you're in first; Train like you're in second” – unknown


If you could spend a day with any one person who would it be and why:
· My grandpa. He died the year I started playing softball, and I would want him to see me play - just once

Other than softball, some of my other hobbies and passions are: Hockey, training, movies

Other sports I have played are: Ringette, Hockey, Volleyball, Basketball,

Most memorable sporting experience: Winning the Gold at Cat Osterman Experience, Western Canada Summer games

No comments:

Post a Comment