Wednesday, October 24, 2012

COLLEGE SERIES: Taylor Studler

Hometown: Grosse Isle, Manitoba Canada
 
What school do you attend:  Minot State University (North Dakota USA)
 
What position(s) do you play:  For my university team I play first base and outfield. Last year I played 8 different positions.
 
What year are you in: Sophomore
 
Nickname: TStud, Tay
 
 
What is your Major/Minor or Field of Study:  Psychology
 
What is the softball team’s name/colors:  We are called the Beavers, our colours are Red & Green. (However we never wear them together!)
 
What are 5 things you appreciate about your school and/or softball program?
-         I enjoy the smaller class sizes and the one on one time I have with my professors.
-         I LOVE my team J
-         The fact that there are a lot of Canadians on campus and we are made very welcome!
-         I love being close to home because the people who have supported me and helped me get where I am now are still able to come watch my games and continue to support me. It is nice to look in the stands to see my family and friends J.
-         Getting to play/practice/train for softball everyday in the facilities my school has provided.
 

Best part of being in College is: All the people you meet and the connections you make. Learning!
 
What are some of your softball dreams and goals: To compete at the highest level possible and perform well.
 
What places have you travelled to with your College team:  Florida, Vegas, Regina, all through North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota.
 
The part of my game that I would like to improve is:  There is room for improvement in all aspects.
 
What character trait do you value most in your teammates: Trust, support and work ethic; willing to work hard to achieve the team goal is very important to me.
 
What is one thing you wish someone had told you before you went off to College: How much laundry costs! Save your quarters ladies!
 
What advice would you offer younger players who are seeking a softball scholarship: Visit the school before you commit, make a proper video and talk to not only the coach but players on the team if you can!
 
 Favorite Quote: If you want something you’ve never had, you’ve got to do something you’ve never done.
  
 What do you miss most about being away from Home: My family, boyfriend and friends. I also miss my community and the girls I grew up playing ball with.
 
 If you could spend a day with any one person (dead or alive) who would it be and why: I would spend the day with my grandma because she always had the best advice and I miss her.
 
 Other than softball, some of my other hobbies and passions are: hockey, reading and travelling.
  
 Other sports I have played are: hockey, volleyball, basketball, badminton, cross-country and track.
  
 Most memorable sporting experience: Playing softball with my sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment