Tuesday, September 11, 2012

COLLEGE SERIES: Courtney Kwasnitza

 
Hometown: Stonewall, MB

What school do you attend: Illinois College - Jacksonville, Illinois

What position(s) do you play: Catcher

What year are you in: Sophomore Year (2nd Year)
 
Nickname: Canada
 




What is your Major/Minor or Field of Study: Biology
 
What is the softball team’s name/colors: Ladyblues - Blue and White

What are 5 things you appreciate about your school and/or softball program:  Great facilities, everyone is friendly, small classroom numbers, everything is close together, everyone on the softball team acts as a "family"
 
Best part of being in College is:  Meeting new people and having freedom

What are some of your softball dreams and goals: Play in the 2013 Canada Games, Make the All-Conference Team again for the next 3 years, be the best player I can possibly be
 
What places have you travelled to with your College team: Florida, Chicago, Wisconsin, Missouri

The part of my game that I would like to improve is:  My quickness as a catcher and my hitting

What character trait do you value most in your teammates:  Motivation to play the game
 
What is one thing you wish someone had told you before you went off to College:  The first few weeks are the toughest, so don't get discouraged if you feel homesick, it's normal!
 
What advice would you offer younger players who are seeking a softball scholarship:  Be open-minded to different schools, you never know when a great opportunity and perfect fit for you may come along.
 
Favorite Quote:  "I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
 
What do you miss most about being away from Home:  My mom's cooking
 
If you could spend a day with any one person (dead or alive) who would it be and why: Jonathon Toews - to find out what it's like to be such a high performance athlete on a daily basis and their perspective of things being a professional athlete.
 
Other than softball, some of my other hobbies and passions are:  Volleyball, snowboarding, hockey, hanging out with friends, travelling

Other sports I have played are:  Hockey, Volleyball, Badminton
 
Most memorable sporting experience:  Playing on the U16 National Team in the Czech Republic in 2009
 
What are some suggestions you have for future college students:  Get involved in your school- it's a lot of fun and you make lots of friends!  Don't pack a bunch of athletic shirts because you get a million from your school for free!  Try to eat well from the beginning, unhealthy food is so easy to access, it's important to learn self-control early on or the freshman 15 will actually happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment